Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Writewritewritewritewrite


I found a quote: Write. Rewrite. When not writing or rewriting, read. I know of no shortcuts.” - Larry L. King, WD. Ever heard this one? What does it mean to you? To me, it means I should’ve started writing my blog yesterday morning. I didn’t, and I forgot about it until this morning. My New Year promise I made to myself was that I would write a blog every day to try and catch up on those I missed last year. Every day? I missed 24 hours. Am I upset at myself? No, I’m not. Sorry Larry, this is an actual journey, not a shortcut.

Writing is my yesterday, today and tomorrow. I write poems, some of which I really like. I write short stories, some of which make me cry. I write blogs like this one or the one about quotes or the one about brain aneurysms or the one about rape. They still exist, but for most of them I don’t write every day. One I haven’t added to since, oh, 2017 I think. I keep thinking, add to one! So I have.

But this one is still alive, it writhes around or cuddles up, it laughs or cries, it makes me thinkthinkthink. I’ve written all my life, and I intend to until I die.

Thank you for reading this, even if it doesn’t affect you, or if it does bring a tear to your eye, or if it makes you ROFL. I wrote a poem about this. I hope you will get a warm glow under your skin.


Keep writing
© Louisa Reid 150120

I sit in my house, feeling quite cold
My memory so clear but nothing resolved
I think of my life, my precious childhood
Remember what happened when I was involved

I learned how to swim, ride a bike and run
Write poems and stories and read so much
Rode horses, loved sheep, kept lots of mice
Loved cats and dogs which I just wanted to touch

It’s far far away, I’ve lost some memory
But writing is now, it’s me in recovery
I can think of my future and write all my thoughts
Ride a bike, love cats and dogs, climb up a tree

Just go for a drive, keep loving the country
Walk by a stream or climb up a hill
I’m at the top, I’m feeling I’m good
This feeling is mine, my perfect free will

So to keep me warm I must keep on writing
Poems, short stories, a novel or two
Writing is my future, my every day
To all those who read, thank you, thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment