Monday, January 20, 2020

Where to now?


I started writing this blog about how I have felt many times when I was treated with contempt, dealing with my pain. I stopped writing and thought about it. I recently wrote a poem about a woman surviving from wrong words often dished out to her. It happens to men, too. People judge you too often. This is why so many people pull back into themselves, don’t associate with others except those very close to them. This might seem funny to extroverts, but if you can understand it then perhaps you should talk to people.

In the end, I just posted this poem.


Where to now?
© Louisa Reid, Jan20

Words cutting her like a knife, wounding, her soul bleeding
She doesn’t know who she is or who she wants to be
She can’t endure his contempt – has he walked where she is walking?
Do they know her pain? Would they care?
Feel with her, share her hurt or go from here
She doesn’t need your judgment: she judges herself already
She wants no past, she has no future, she is only of the present
Intrinsic, being, she is her own fundamental reality
She is substance and essence, a woman
Carrying her own world, her own support
Words cutting her like a knife - they don’t understand, how could they?
Empathy doesn’t hurt yet it is rare, uncommon
The world enclosed in its own little shell, the inhabitants singular, secluded, detached
She thought she was out of tears yet still they come, unbidden, unwanted, unstoppable
She doesn’t know who she is, who she wants to be
Don’t turn away! Where does she go from here?


How does it make you feel? I am OK. I want to stay OK a lot longer. I hope you will too.

A few links might be of assistance to you. If you need help, then choose what relates the most to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment