Friday, January 10, 2020

Protests and protestors


A couple of days ago I saw an Extinction Rebellion Friday afternoon “regenerate” coffee advertised in Ipswich. I looked it up on Google and it’s not too far from me: I thought about going there. It would be my first connection with this group, who I fully support.

Except that today I also saw a university student’s protest happening all around the country, in Brisbane too, this afternoon. I would have loved to go to that, but it’s too far from me for an evening, when I just can’t catch a train to get in there by 5pm which could possible lead me into trouble after dark returning.

Why do I think of those sort of problems? I am a university student, taking the BA for recovery of my aphasia. I am a climate change supporter, but I can’t go to the actual protests which could lead to my arrest. I have been to climate change protests, but they were ones held in the middle of the day – 2013 was everyone for climate change and 2019 was run by schoolies for climate change who wonder about their own future. I would go to anything about climate change in the middle of the day.

I looked up on Google to see what problems have been reported on trains recently and I couldn’t find anything. Sure, there were a couple of issues in March and May 2019, but nothing yet in 2020. I am wondering why I am so concerned about this… maybe I just need to go into Brisbane and join in with that protest. It’s me and I should be there!

Later: it’s now just after 5pm and I got back home after going to the ER “regenerate” coffee in Ipswich. Which wasn’t happening. Even the café where it was advertised didn’t know about them! That frustrated me, but I still enjoyed the drive. Right now I’m feeling very hot, and there’s nothing on telly and I can’t be bothered writing the poetry report for my latest assignment (yes, I’ll do that over the weekend), but right now I’m gonna put my feet up, have the aircon and a glass of cold Merlot.

I hope you’ve had your “good day”.



No comments:

Post a Comment