Friday, January 17, 2020

What’s wrong?


There can’t be anything wrong with this world… is there? There’s no climate change deniers, get that right! The “religious discrimination bill” just isn’t that, it’s simply keeping religious people happy, just like the rest of us. There’s no drought – well, some company bought water and we had enough to give them, didn’t we? Warming is only because of the bushfires, it’s not too hot. And why couldn’t Aus drop backwards behind NZ in the economic Democracy Index? Far out, we’re still in the democrats: so what if we’re #9 and NZ is #4?

Too many complainers!

Well, sorry to burst your own bubble… I am a complainer! I am so tired of reading negative comments on any post on Facebook about any of that stuff – and a lot more stuff. Why are USA and China shaking hands on trade deals when Trump was anti-them just a few weeks ago? Why is Iran making excuses for shooting down a civilian plane and killing 176 people? Why is Andrew Forrest an LNP supporter? Why hasn’t it rained in this location for days when the weather report says it should have? I just don’t know whether or not to mow my lawn!

You know what, I think I’m so sorry for all university students. To be one of those – which I am – could make you think so differently than you used to. You just have to work out which of the written article, books, research papers, videos et al are real. Which ones are truthful and what is false? What is negative or what is positive; what is too long, what is white, what is red… do you like Merlot or Chardonnay?

I have four books from the library on my desk. None of them are fiction, and yet some of those writers make me think that they’re telling a lie, but they don’t seem to think my way. Even some non-fiction books mention ‘god’, when they shouldn’t because yes, he is a fiction. That’s my thought… is it different for you? Am I telling fiction?

Sixty years ago this world had a population of 2.8 billion, with 19 people per square kilometre. Now the population is 7.8 billion and the density has grown to 52 per square kilometre. That’s the growth in 60 years. I shudder when I look up the growth before 1950s, or even before 1804 when it just reached 1 billion. Nearly 220 years to grow another 6.8 billion, when the population was so small 2000 years ago!

I wish that the world was back to my childhood – friendly, happy, loving, a perfect population… and no negative comments every day. Every. Single. Day.

Maybe this population is defining the end of this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment