Wednesday, August 5, 2015

To learn...

"To Learn" means using your brain - at least, the cerebellum within your brain. Mine is not what it used to be, but I still think I can learn. Right now my brain is looking at Facebook. I'm pretty much past watching so many different Facebook pages which I have been logged into for what seems like a long time. I think I'll have to drop some of them. 

I Googled information about Facebook - past the start of this group - and found some information which is almost unbelievable. Like, on 29 July 2015 Ubergizmo noted that Facebook has grown to 1.49 billion monthly users. In 1876, according to Ubergizmo, when the first telephone call was made, the world population was 1.49 billion. Really?? I already knew that the world population has doubled within the last 50 years from the 70s, from 3.5 billion to more than 7 billion now, yet it had taken 100 years from 1876-1976 to double. So sad. 

Huff Post Tech in 2013 gave us 11 reasons why we should quit Facebook. I liked this article, because some of it seemed so right for me! Like, "1. Nobody actually wants to just read about what you're doing anymore." Sad, but yes, that's real. And "6. Facebook makes you feel less positive about your life." Oh yes, I agree with this! Except that these two are only my "right". Maybe I should give up Huff Post, like Facebook... 

The Radical Life gave the "REAL Reason to Quit Facebook". They said "Hidden in the celebration of its greatness, I believe, is a long list of even greater things you didn’t do because you were too busy on Facebook." Really? Yes!

Many of my friends have pretty much dropped out of Facebook - at least, they don't use it every day. They became bored with the sort of stuff you see in this website - so many pictures of children, pets, adults, climate, singers, protests... anything. So many pictures - what are they called? Picture quotes? Quote pix? Motivational posters? Demotivational posters? Well hey, I pick a picture and a quote and attach them together and post them on my Reibus website, so I guess I can also just call them picture quotes. I started to post some of them onto Facebook, but now I think I was playing their game. So I don't think I will do it any more. Or not as often. Oh hell, I'll probably just keep on doing it...

For anyone who reads this, get to know me. I'm older than the majority of population. I no longer work because of medical reasons (my brain aneurysm and stroke, which I write about on Aneurysm Aphorism). I have two websites and three blogs - two of the blogs which are kept up to date not quite as often as they should be. I have written a book which has a fund raiser for publication - so far with only 3 supporters (I love you!!). No-one "owns" my websites or blogs, except for me. I don't make any funds from any of those. Believe me, I would love the funds that Mark Zuckerberg has made (billions!) or just a part of them. If anyone reads my websites or my blogs - yes, you can help me out with some funds! Thank you!

Now, anyway, I probably won't quit Facebook. But I think I'll cut many of the pages that I have "liked" - which now frustrate me - off my Facebook membership. Eleanor Roosevelt, the past First Lady of the United States who held the post from March 1933 to April 1945, said something which means a lot about me. It's in my last picture quote.

Thank you, Eleanor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment