Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Time keeps flowing like a river

More than 30 years ago I loved listening to Alan Parsons Project and the wonderful songs. This one didn't need to hit my memory because I've been listening to it off and on over those 30 years. The lyrics are lovely, but I don't talk to anyone about what they mean at the end of this song, Have a look at the picture and see if this means something you really do believe (if you can't read the words look on www.reibus.com.au/quotes.html or Google them).

Have you ever said goodbye forever to your friends? What was the reason? I had no adult friends, just acquaintances, during my single parenthood with my kids. I was far more interested in getting them to grow well. I didn't meet any real friends until 15 years ago - and they are still friends. Since I moved to Aus with my ex husband I can't remember ever making friendships which just stuck to me. I didn't really met any people until after 'he' walked out on me, but now I have. Some stuck with me before and after the hospital, and new friends have appeared since I moved to Redcliffe. They're pretty good for me. I rarely see them, but I talk to them. That works for me.

*  *  *  *  *

I think I hadn't said on my latest blog that I had been at a meeting for the Peninsula Poet's Group. It was my first meeting with them, but they were great. I gave two of my poems that night, and they stood up and applaud me (which I found out was supposed to be the usual for newbies, but I felt pretty happy about that!).

That night I'd met Ben Bracco, who was a published writer as well as in this group. He gave me information about a local publisher, Jeff. I rang Jeff last week and set up a meeting with him for Monday this week. When I sat with him he'd never acted at his age - he's a lot older than me but acted same age as me!! His publication consultancy runs from his home, and he will prepare the book for publishing and either print it himself (under 50) or pass it on to the printer (50-plus). The price for 50-plus books seemed to me to be very good. After asking on FB about a loan, some of my friends answered with some hints. The one which seems to be for me is a crowdfunding Pozible site. This says that a video would be worthwhile, so I've been on Animoto - where I'd done the brain aneurysm one earlier - and have mostly finished my story video to be added into Pozible. 

If anyone reading this is interested, please have a look when it comes on! Any generous donation ($25 and more) will get a copy of my printed book in 3-4 weeks after my crowdfund page is closed.

*  *  *  *  *

What's really winding my frustration up? Right now it's the long... long... long time my application for citizenship has been into Immigration, and still hasn't been actioned. Very early last year, before I'd even been told I'd be in hospital, I had sent in my application for RRV (Resident Return Visa) which would allow me to apply for citizenship after a year. I got the RRV in February, and in March this year, 13 months after that, I applied for my citizenship. 

It is now 4 months since I applied, and why, why haven't they told me that I would be eligible?? I realise that
this is quite possibly to do with my position after my brain aneurysm surgery and my stroke. My income is shared between Australia and New Zealand. Yes, it is very low. No, I didn't ask to leave my job. Yes, I was operated on. No, Centrelink wouldn't have helped me if ABIOS hadn't supported me. Seems pretty real to me, and yet it seems too hard for Immigration to realistically approve it. What would happen to my income? Would Centrelink help me? Would I get enough money for my bills?
 
Would I get assistance with some training I really want to do? Preferably at a local uni course, but if need be it might just be a TAFE course. I have looked through a lot of information about this - web development. I truly believe I could easily do it, because I have created a lot of websites since the early 2000s. Most of those I know are no longer around, but I still have some off-line work from many of them. Madhatter's Maskatorium is still on and was done for a friend but I don't think it's much used because they have changed their baseline. Team Waipa, Tigger and Mig, Just Looking, Forum Training, It's Okay to be Angry and Reibus were our own websites, and I still use It's Okay to be Angry and Reibus.

What really does make the future? I guess I am still waiting because, really, "time keeps flowing like a river". Doesn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment