Saturday, July 16, 2016

No man’s land



Mother Theresa was a Catholic, years ago. I never followed her, but some of her sayings got to me, like this one. This speaks not of just Third World countries, but for me it talks about people in Australia who live in the Australia Third World areas.

What is poverty? ACOSS, Wikipaedia and ABC define it, and recognise 2.5million people in Australia live in poverty. What happens to a person who loses their job? Do you support them? What about when they run out of money? Do you support them? And what about when they finally lose their car so can’t get anywhere at all easily?

Do you still support them?

I wonder if any other person has done what I’ve done. Before moving to Bethania I asked my daughter for some money. She did help, just a little bit, but I saw it as heaps. A sort-of help to remedy my financial situation.

After my car broke down this week I was spiraled into my depression. I know it gets worse, so if I want to fight it I have to figure out how to get some more money. Today I wrote two letters. After I had received an email from a lovely woman who acted as a mentor for me last year, I answered her email and asked about her future, and then told her about my present situation. I asked for a donation.

And then I wrote to the CEO of the company I’d previously worked for. My QIRC claim was in my favour and yet the decision was made for Q-Comp. Whether or not he’d actually seen the decision, I told this man about that, I attached some of the words which supported me, and I asked him for a donation.

Why did I do that?

Well, if I was earning my original salary I would have just drifted along, donating to organisations which worked where I supported them, but now I know, in my latest income, I can’t even rely on financial support from any of the organisations I used to support. My income is very low, I feel depressed many days, and I know that having some funds to get myself back on the road ahead would make me very happy.

So I asked.

What do I expect from this? Well, I expect real people who would support me. They could pay my car registration because I can’t afford it. They could pay for my car repairs because I can’t afford it. They could pay off my debt – which isn’t very big at all, but I can’t afford it.

I. Can’t. Afford. It.

If you make no more than I do, I’m sure you would understand this – and I think of you every day. If you make a lot more than me please don’t assess me to be bad. Just assess me to be forward.

I’m living with a hope. I hope that the two people I wrote to will see my future. I see that funds will help me, no matter what anyone says. If you’ve lived in poverty, the way I am, you would know what I am saying.

If you’re not living in poverty, then please feel free to send me some money! And wish me good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment