Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Oh shirt!

My last post talked about ties - how old they are, and how "out of it" many of us feel they are. This time I decided I'd talk about shirts. I think these are.... boring!!

According to the history in Wikipaedia, mens shirts were used as undergarments centuries ago, and were considered "working class" clothes in the 19th century. They were "considered casual wear, for lower-class workers only" until the 20th century. Even now, the 21st century, they are much the same albeit in many colours.

These days it is considered "usual" to wear a dress shirt with a tie in your office, but even those who work outside and wear yellow (or orange) safety gear still wear very similar-styled shirts - sleeves with cuffs, collar which folds down, buttons up the front.

Yes, they bore me!

Even for those who don't wear a dress shirt and tie to work, pretty much all the shirts for gents are very today. So I had a look through the Google images and I found shirts which I like. I think these should be the fashion which men are wearing. Are you up to this, men? Pick whatever you like and wear THAT to work.... give up the old boring shirts with the old boring ties.

Go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment