Thursday, December 10, 2015

Take a letter Maria...

My last blog post was 26 November. The break since then wasn't because I was depressed, it was just because I forgot about it. That, readers, is my "normal" reality. Oh dear, how sad, never mind. I'm not depressed right now.... just frustrated! But yes, I know that it can lead to my depression, so here I am, writing and hoping that I don't lose my stuff.

My lovely sister popped in for 3 days and nights last week before she flew on to NZ. We had a wonderful visit, and I didn't go to the paddling group the morning I took her to the airport. Not because I was too tired (that came later) but because I needed to think. Having her here for 3 days and nights pretty much disconnected me from Facebook pages, news articles and TV shows, people... and money. Janice paid for getting some light bulbs changed in my car (they work now!), took me into shoe stores (we didn't buy), bought dinner (lovely!) and lots of other wee things we did which I - unfortunately - have forgotten! But we talked a lot over those 3 days and nights, and I felt that I had seen someone I really needed.

And now I have a trip to NZ, paid for by my sister, between Christmas and New Year to spend with my son and partner AND my grandchildren! Yesterday I was fairly wound up knowing I had to arrange somewhere for my beautiful dog, Jordie, to be looked after whilst I was away. I tried a few of home-care places, but the only response I got would have charged me $150 - which I certainly can't afford. I have a couple of friends who have possibly suggested how they can help me - and I love them! I don't give up yet... I am certain I will find something.

I was going to feed your minds for this year. I decided that you didn't want to be involved in information about me, so I deleted what I'd typed. This is how I live with thoughts. But good stuff now...

I've just been accepted as a citizen and I would have to do the Pledge thing probably next year. Only 8 months after I applied... The other thing I'm waiting for is getting up to 7 months. I need someone to move it forward. Still, in my pre-Christmas couple of weeks I actually have some stuff going on which I haven't been involved in for far too long. Friday is the paddle team's Christmas party, on Monday I have a PACE event from where I will be "awarded" by my mentor, and next Tuesday I'm taking Jordie down to my friend's place in Logan so she will hopefully display how well she would be, and she'd be able to stay there while I'm on my way to NZ!

Right now I am very much looking forward to going to NZ, the first time in more than 2 years, and visiting my grandchildren - two of them after 4 years and two more I've never met! If I can't find anyone to look after Jordie... well, I'm sure there will be someone out there.

I should say "thank you" now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment