Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hang on... here it comes!!!

I think now that I can't even look at an un-named quote before I do some research. Today one appeared on the TBI Facebook page. It said "Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy". That sounded pretty good to me, but no name on this pic as to who they had quoted. So I went into Google and put those words in.

And I have found hundreds of image posts with no name as to who said this! LoveOfLifeQuotes.com was the first image, exactly as the one on the TBI, so I wondered if maybe TBI copied theirs. Then came ElectricFairground.com, LifeIfHappy.com, BrainTreeClothing.com, Flickr.com, 9LOLs.com, Pinterest.com, PictureQuotes.com, BeHappyMe.com, Amazon.com, SomeCards.com, MadisonParkGroup.com, and on and on and on... (no, these ones aren't linked... they're simply a list on this, my blog.)

I went through Google to see if they could tell me just who had said this. I got back as far as 2013 - on 11 June 2013 was Ron Kaisan at Ultimate Campers, there was a comment in Girl's Gone Child blog on the 29 March, and Pinterest was posted on 20 March. I couldn't find anything earlier than this, and no-one said who said it!

I don't like this!!! The person who said this quote should have been acknowledged, and if necessary they should have become famous.

All of those mentioned earlier, and all of those which appear in Google and I haven't put on here, should not just use a quote without saying 'Unknown'!!! Every quote pic on my website will always use a name that I agree with, and if a name is ever not known I will always use "Unknown". I think there's a real discrepancy from anyone who will claim they said something, when it's been posted months or years before they said it. (This happened earlier, previous blog about that...)

Just a tip to any person who talks and allows whatever they say be quoted - tell them your name!



No comments:

Post a Comment