Monday, March 16, 2020

Oops I did it again!


I know that at the start of the year I said I’d write a post every day, but yes, I know I haven’t done it for over a week. I blame myself. Well, actually, I blame the COVID-19, which has spread so much in weeks. I haven’t had it, but I know there are 5 died in Australia from it since yesterday. We’re moving into it quickly. Read about it on this ABC article or this ABC one.

It seems good that ‘famous’ people have caught the virus – think of Tom Hanks and his wife, now isolated in Gold Coast; think of Richard Wilkins, now isolated in his own home; think of Peter Dutton, now isolated in his own home… oops, I did it again – he’s certainly not ‘famous’, he’s infamous!

Still, I want to stay away from COVID-19. I am planning on staying away from shops – unless I need to buy anything – and only go for my personal own drive if I get too home-stuck. My BA is online and I’m up-to-date with it, and one thing I will still do is go for a daily walk with a neighbour – who also doesn’t have COVID-19. When ScuMo recently said he would shake anyone’s hands and changed that to do not shake hands, I had already felt that way. I won’t shake hands, no matter who said this!

New Zealand took it’s absolute power and banned travel or isolating travellers into NZ from pretty much any country except for some small Pacific islands. I had planned on using the Australian payment made to many beneficiaries and lots of small businesses at the end of March to go to NZ and visit my grandkids, but that won’t be happening too soon. Oh well, I had already planned on going over around christmas this year – maybe that will still happen. So why is this government planning on giving people money? The article, linked above, said that it is “part of the government’s … stimulus package aimed at keeping Australia out of a recession caused by the impact of the coronavirus” Really? How come they didn’t do this for the bushfires? There were more people adversely affected by bushfires – and bushfire smoke – long before the coronavirus turned up.

We now know that COVID-19 is pandemic. I truly hope that all this information gets to you and you become aware of it. Please read the links on here, and please stay healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment