Friday, January 6, 2017

Dear Friend

Dear friend, I remember you. Kindy was so much fun. We played every day. We stuck together throughout our school years because we were best friends. We had other friends too, but we were the best. I left school earlier than you, and you took different training than I did. You moved. You came back many years later but you no longer see me. I still love you. I miss you.

Dear friend, I remember you. You were a bouncy, wonderful young person. We had a wonderful friendship, and we would talk about who you could date, how you should party, what was happening to me. I ventured out of my town. I heard the news: you died far too early. I still love you. I miss you.

Dear friend, I remember you. You taught me in the gym, so much I learned! You were a lovely, friendly teacher. We'd join a group for a coffee early in the morning, we chatted. Your career shot ahead, you moved. I watch you, I still love you. I miss you.

Dear friend, I remember you. You lived so far away from me, but we talked so much! I tripped up and down the country and visited you, you cooked dinner for me, we went out with our mutual friends, we danced, we played pool, we drove around, you came up to visit me. You died far too early from a stupid cancer. I still love you. I miss you.

Dear friends, I remember you. You were all of the wonderful people I met after I came out of my shell. We'd meet for coffee, parties, singing, dancing, enjoy each other, travel with each other. I'd come up the island to you, you'd come down the island with me. We had such a lot of fun, so many silly things we did together and we loved it! I moved. My own silly fault. I went back over there a few times and I visited you. I still love you all. I miss you.

Dear friend, I remember you. We met at trivia. You were making so many friends, I was losing too many of my own. I drove you around when you were recovering, you came to visit me when I was recovering. I still went to your trivia, but not as often these days: it seems too far away. It seems I'm too far away from you. I still love you. I miss you.

Dear friend, I remember you. You came into town and met me and we danced. We got very close, you came to visit me when I was recovering. I would visit you often and every other often you would come to visit me. We sat and yakked, we hugged, we messaged each other. I moved and I'm too far away from you. My own silly fault. I know that you have your own illness problems, but I rarely see you. I still love you. I miss you.

Dear friend, I remember you. You joined me in a stage play, you made me so many beautiful necklaces, you made a mask of my old keys, you painted my face for the Zombie parade. I would go visit you in your home. You were a beautiful, wonderful person. I know that your family have their own illnesses: I haven't seen you for too long. I still love you, I miss you.

Dear friend, I remember you, even for a very short time. You were at the retirement village when I moved in. We quickly became friends, we understood how we thought of ourselves and what other people would think of us. You were sick, sicker than me. You chose not to eat because you didn't want to live in this village. You died. I miss you.

Dear friends. Dear, dear friends. So many I lost. I know that they have their own lives, have their own death. I'm not included. Maybe it's me who moved away from them. Maybe it's me who is old, who is still in recovery, who can't go back to what I used to do. Do I tell you about how I feel? Do you tell me how you feel? Why don't we talk? Why don't we listen? Why don't we help each other?

Dear friends, I remembered you, but I knew you didn't need me. I still love you. All of you.

I miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment